Our Preliminary Mathematics program is designed for the brightest in the state. By creating a strong foundation through outstanding teaching methods, our tutors aim to give students the abilities to tackle harder questions in their school assessments, and ultimately, their exams. Our Tutorial times allow for students to interact intimately with tutors, to ensure students are confident with each and every concept in the Mathematics syllabus.
Each Preliminary Mathematics term will give students:
- A thorough understanding of all course materials during the Theory component of every lesson.
- Practise questions of that week’s content under the guidance of an experienced, highly-performing tutor during the Problem Based Class (PBC) component of every lesson.
- Revision and consolidation through practise questions of everything learnt during that term so far during the Tutorial component of every lesson.
- The opportunity for 1-on-1 time with the tutor to ask questions and discussions about school homework, self-study and clarification of any concepts in the lesson.
- A lesson specifically dedicated to practical activites/experiments and data processing skills each term to ensure students have a deep understanding of the relevant applications and uses of the theoretical material learnt in each topic.