Students are encouraged to practise Physics concepts and taught how to communicate them succinctly in exams, as well as become familiar with Physics formulas and how to apply them to complex problems.
For 2018 Year 12 students, the HSC Physics class schedule for the year is:
Term 1: Space
23rd September 2017 – 16th November 2017
Term 2: Motors and Generators
13th January 2018 – 8th March 2018
Term 3: Ideas to Implementation
24th March 2018 – 17th May 2018
Term 4: Option Topic (Quanta to Quarks or Astrophysics)
Dates – tbc
Exam Program: ALL
Dates – tbc
Please refer to our Calendar for available class times.
Each HSC Physics term will give students:
- A thorough understanding of all course materials during the Theory component of every lesson.
- Practise questions of that week’s content under the guidance of an experienced, highly-performing tutor during the Problem Based Class (PBC) component of every lesson.
- Revision and consolidation through practise questions of everything learnt during that term so far during the Tutorial component of every lesson.
- The opportunity for 1-on-1 time with the tutor to ask questions and discussions about school homework, self-study and clarification of any concepts in the lesson.
- A lesson specifically dedicated to practical activites/experiments and data processing skills each term to ensure students have a deep understanding of the relevant applications and uses of the theoretical material learnt in each topic.